There’s nothing new about this slice but it’s such a winner for busy Mums on the go! Plus, it’s a brilliant recipe for kids who love ‘helping’ in the kitchen. My daughter loves making this because apart from the chopping and chocolate melting, she can do most herself. Her favourite step in her words: “mixing the gooey and chewy part!”
As long as you have the flour, cornflakes and the condensed milk the rest you can substitute from your pantry with any dried fruit or nuts, coconut is great, dried apricots and even oats – whatever your kids love! We usually to make a different version each time.
CHEWY CORNFLAKE SLICE
3 cups corn flakes
¼ cup organic sultanas
¼ cup sweetened dried cranberries
¼ cup plain flour
1 can sweetened condensed milk
A row (or 2!) of Chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Chop or Blend the dry ingredients to own desirable size, and combine in a bowl.
3. Add sweet condensed milk. Mix until gooey and chewy goodness is combined!
4. Smooth mixture into prepared tray and bake 180 degrees 25 minutes
5. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Set aside to cool slightly.
6. When slice cooled, add chocolate to the top in lined pattern using a fork and refrigerate to set.
7. Cut into squares to serve and fight your children for a piece!!!
Do you have a quick and easy never-fail recipe you make with your kids?